Tuesday, October 2, 2012

USG Senator Ashleigh-Ann Sutherland

      Hi, my name is Ashleigh-Ann Sutherland. I am a freshman, biology major here at Buffalo State College. I am also a senator on USG. I chose to become a senator because I wanted to be someone in college. I wanted to make sure that the students were heard and that their needs were satisfied. There are various things that you could do in order to be successful in college but here are five:
       1.      Make a schedule
Have a monthly planner for all of your assignments. Make an organized plan for your meetings and classes. Post it up in your room, that way you can be sure of what you should be doing at all times.
2.      Be social
Do not stay in your dorm room. Attend events, sit in the lounge, or go check out clubs that interest you. Sometimes you could even meet new friends at the gym.
3.      Be healthy
Gaining the “freshman 15” is one’s biggest fear. I do not believe in it. Make use of the gym hours. Go for a walk down Elmwood. Take the stairs. Do not take the word “buffet” for granted.
4.      Stay motivated
Remember that you are not here to be peer pressured. Make your dreams possible. Associate with the right people.
5.      Be optimistic
Be open to failure. Realize that failing just means that you have to work harder to achieve your goals.



Signed,

Senator Sutherland

No comments:

Post a Comment