Friday, May 4, 2012

Welcome New E-Board Positions

Good Friday,

I waited to today to introduce the E-Board of USG. Particularly because today is my last day as AVP for Communication. I am proud to have served the 35th Legislation, and humbled to be a part of such an amazing hard working team. Just like the beginning of the year, I gave you something personal for each member of USG E_Board, today I will do the same for the new E-Board. However, some people have go and grown, and move to higher positions. While others decided to run again for the same positions. Enjoy and let's welcome the new E-Board to represent Buffalo State College in an amazing way.

Click read more to read each member positions!

Signed,

Kadejah Henderson
AVP for Communications 2011-2012

AVP for Communication Mariya Yankova

I am the Administrative Vice President for Communication. As a journalism major, I decided to run for this position because it would give me the opportunity to work in the communications field and perform duties that are directly related to what I’m studying. Some of the activities that I will be responsible for are advertising through the USG media services and maintaining contact with the student body.I will do my best to create good communication between USG and the students, and promote the various events and activities offered by USG. I will also try to reach out to organizations who are struggling to gain popularity and offer my services to them. I will make myself accessible and available to any organization or student who may need assistance with any type of commutation services.

Do you have any hidden talents?
Well my biggest talent is learning languages. I know English, Bulgarian, Spanish and I just started learning Italian. I really want to start learning Portuguese too.

Name 3 countries you'd like to visit and why.
Brazil – for the Carnival!!! It's a place of constant celebration! I would love to experience the lively spirit and passion for fun while dancing on the streets during the Carnival! And of course I'd love to learn some Portuguese!
Italy – rich history & culture, breathtakingly beautiful nature, extraordinary art, incredible food and drinks. And of course I'd love to speak some Italian!
Argentina – tango! <3 and of course Spanish! (which is my absolute favorite language!)

Do you have any phobias?
Yes, I have aquaphobia! I don't think I will ever be able to learn to swim. I get a panic attack just thinking about being under water!

What do you value most in life?
I value most family and true friends. It is very hard to find even one true friend - someone you can trust completely, someone you can always lean on and count on for support and understanding who would always be honest with you and have your best interest at heart.

If you had to change your name what would you change it to?
Well my first name is spelled Mariya so I would get rid of the “y” and I would change my last name to “Ardiente” which in Spanish means “fiery.” That's one word that truly describes my personality!

Quote: It is better to try and fail than fail to try!


AVP for Student Life Andrea  Wright

I have no hidden talents. I would love to visit France, Italy, and London because those are large fashion inspired cities and I am a fashion freak!  I am afraid of the dark STILL! The things I value the most are education, success, and family! 

My quote to the people would be: "Do everything with a smile, you never know who's watching!"

President Sarah Garfinkle
List 3 future goals for you position.

( continue to strengthen communication, Transparency, and continue to put the student voice first)

Vice Treasure Justine Britten
(Reread her previous post)

Enjoy and Comment!  

No comments:

Post a Comment